A wonderful surprise came to us this summer. We didn’t realize I was pregnant till about two months into it. I kept mentioning to Josh that I had a tender chest and ate pickles. I hate pickles! Josh took me out for lunch to East Coast Subs and he ordered me a Philly Cheese Steak and made sure to tell them to hold the pickles. For some reason I corrected him and told him to have them leave the pickles on. It was very good! Josh kept giving me weird faces and I ignored his intuition. On July 16 I decided it was time to take a pregnancy test. I had one in the back of our sock drawer that Emily gave me. I took the test and panicked for over a half an hour. I didn’t know how to read it because it didn’t come with instructions. Emily just gave me a stick. I went online to learn how to read it. I saw a plus sign, but the second line wasn’t very dark so I thought it was an error. I called Emily for a second opinion and she said that if I saw a plus, no matter how dark or light, it meant that I was pregnant. We decided that I should go to the clinic and have them test me. The doctor told me that I was pregnant. I couldn’t believe it, all this because of pickles. I wanted to tell Josh in a cute way and went to the store and bought a pink gift bag, pink confetti, some onesies, a musical card and some pink ribbon. With all this pink stuff I was for sure to have a girl. On my way home, I asked Josh if he could come out and help me with some groceries. He opened the back of our trunk and he found a pink gift bag. I told him that it was for him. We sat together in the back of our trunk and as he pulled a pink ribbon that was a mile long, he came across a musical card that sang “sugar pie, honey bunch, you know that I love you, I can’t help myself, I love you and nobody else.” Inside I wrote: baby, I’m pregnant! I love you so much. I know we are going to be amazing parents. Forever yours! Susel. We immediately called our parents and told them the news. We didn’t tell anybody else till now because we did hit some bumps in the road. My body was not dealing with my new hormones very well and I lost a lot of weight. I was under observation, was weighed every week and put on medication. We weren’t sure what was going to happen, but we made it to five months and are in the clear for take off. We are super excited for this little Yankee to join our family and can’t wait for our family and friends to meet him.
10 comments:
Yay! You know we are so excited for you guys!!!!!
Congratulations!! Yay a boy!
Congrats! You'll be such fun parents for this little guy.
We have been waiting and waiting to hear what you are having. Congrats! Little boys are the best! But we are biased. You will love being parents it's the greatest thing in the world
YEAH!!!! That's so exciting! I was really really sick for the first two trimesters and lost a lot of weight too. It didn't make things easier that I was student teaching and threw up on every break I had during the day! I hope your holding up with everything...but I'm so so happy for you! I can't believe my son is almost 6 months already! Little boys are tons of fun! Congratulations!
YOUR PREGNANT?!?! Lol Holy cow, glad you put some pics up! Pedro will come on my Birthday!
Pickles huh? I hated pickles when I was pregnant and didn't like icecream either. Ha ha! It was peanut butter crunch for me-craved it for breakfast, lunch, and dinner.We are so dang excited for you guys and glad you are feelin better!!!
I was wondering when you were going to announce it! Finally! You're pretty far along now. Your little boy will be a month younger than our girl. Congratulations! Any names picked out?
I didn't get to view the pix til now. (because I looked it up on Davids I-phone). You guys got some great ultrasound pix. So cool and cute! Can't wait!
Aww! Congratulations. We are having a boy too, they will be good friends! So happy for you and that everything progressed well. More than halfway there!
Post a Comment