Born Monday March 15, 2010 @ 8:30pm, Salt Lake Regional Hospital, 8lbs 19in. Sunday night I rolled over to Josh and asked him if he would take Monday off to help me finish clean the house and pack my hospital bag. We laugh at the fact that we packed our dogs’ bag months before, but we never got around to ours. At 3:25am my water broke, but it wasn’t a waterfall of water. Josh got on the internet and I was reading from What to Expect When You’re Expecting and around 6am we called Dr. Robinson. She told us that it was time and that she would meet us at the hospital, but I didn’t feel ready. I wanted to take a shower. As we were leaving, I grabbed my pencil case and Josh said, “why do you need your pencil case?” and I said “just incase I want to write things down” and we both burst into laughter. When we arrived I was dilated at 3cm. I wasn’t sure if I wanted an Epidural and was keeping an open mind, but at 4cm the pain was too much for me. At 6:45pm I was at 10cm and it was time to push. I pushed for 1hr45min, equaling out to 180 times. Derek was nose up and was coming out sideways and the Epidural was wearing off. I didn’t imagine how much physical work it would be and no wonder they call it labor, but I couldn’t have done it without my coach, Josh. He was amazing and the Doctors and Nurses also agreed. We love our son so much, it brings us to tears and smiles when we think and look at him. We want to thank our family and friends for their support and sweet thoughts.
Tuesday, March 23, 2010
Derek Antonio James
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
9 comments:
Congrats! What a handsome little man!
There is nothing like being a parent.
Congratulations!! I loved the hospital pix. He's a cutie. I can't wait to see him in person.
Congrats!! He's beautiful!
He is adorable..and those CHEEKS!! Love em. You only kept us in the waiting room for about 2 hours so I forgive you :)(jk) <3
You know we love him! and you guys :)
Let me know when the blessing is. We'll be there! Can't wait to meet him. I love the name Derek. Derek James - it sounds like a superhero or something. Clark Kent, Derek James...
He is so cute! Congrats to your little family!
That is so cool! Congrats you guys!
Oh Yay! Congratulations I am so happy for the both of you. That is so fun that your water broke at 3 in the a.m. on Sun/Mon. B/c that is what mine did too :)
Post a Comment